- 2014 R v Lawal and others. Defence counsel in large scale VAT and income tax fraud.
- 2014 R v T & others. Leading junior counsel for the defendant in a multi-handed “manslaughter by flight” trial at the Central Criminal Court.
- 2014 R v YA and another. Snaresbrook Crown Court. Successfully defended a youth charged with attempted murder and perverting the course of justice, arising out of an alleged ‘’honour” attack.
- 2013 R v B & 9 others. Central Criminal Court. Successfully defended the second defendant in the “Sports agent Blackberry Phone murder“. Junior counsel in this 10 handed trial arising out of an alleged revenge contract killing in Canning Town.
- 2010/11 R v Miah  Crim LR 662 and  1 Cr App R (S) 11
Central Criminal Court and Court of Appeal
Double murder by 14 year old in arson attack. Leading case on severance and on appropriate starting point on sentence where double murder committed by single act.
- 2009 R v YB. Inner London Crown Court. Successful defence of an 11 year old child charged with rape upon a 6 year old.
- 2008 R v Hamilton  1 Cr App R 13
- Canterbury Crown Court and Court of Appeal
Junior defence counsel in the leading case on the actus reus of outraging public decency.
- 2008 R v Green & Others. Kingston Crown Court
Leading junior in multi handed conspiracy to commit armed robbery of travel agencies across the South East.
- 2007 R v Darvishzadeh & others. Kingston Crown Court
Leading Junior in largest conspiracy to import opium in UK.
- 2006 R v SW. Central Criminal Court
Junior defence counsel in the “Clapham Common Murder” homophobic motive.
- 2006 R v IA. Central Criminal Court
Junior counsel in successful defence of an ex-James Bond villain from “The Spy who Loved me” charged with murder.
Trevor is a very experienced criminal defence barrister, whose practice encompasses the full range of serious crime including murder; manslaughter; rape and other serious sexual offences; large scale fraud; armed robbery and drugs. He has acted as leading junior in a number of multi-handed conspiracies and has been instructed as defence counsel in a number of high profile murder cases. Trevor has also developed a thriving Court of Appeal practice, taking on a large case load of referrals post conviction on behalf of clients from all over the country.
This year, Trevor successfully defended a 17 year old youth charged with attempted murder in an alleged joint enterprise hammer attack, which was styled by the prosecution as an attempted honour killing. The defendant was acquitted at the close of the prosecution case, following a successful submission of no case to answer. Trevor then appeared for one of three defendants as leading junior at the Old Bailey in a 2 month ‘’manslaughter by flight” case, which involved detailed legal argument on issues such as causation and Novus Actus. Following that, Trevor successfully defended a young mother charged with child cruelty, after her young child was found with multiple fractures and a subdural haemmorrage. The defence involved expert cross-examination of a consultant paediatricians and a consultant paediatric radiologist as to discrepancies in various medical reports, which led to the defendant’s acquittal by the jury in fewer than 10 minutes. Trevor has also been instructed this year as defence counsel in two large scale VAT and Income Tax Frauds involving potential losses to HMRC running to 7 figures. Trevor’s most recent case was the acquittal of a teenager charged with gang rape on a stranger at night where the issue was consent.
Trevor is tenacious in court, with a forthright, no nonsense style of advocacy. He is known for taking all arguable points of law in defence of his lay client. Trevor has a loyal following among both professional and lay clients. His easy disarming manner appeals to people from all walks of life.
Member of the South Eastern Circuit and the Criminal Bar Association
- Notable cases