- 2012 Central Criminal Court: R v. HC
Operation Trident murder: the “Brixton MacDonalds row shooting”
- 2011 Woolwich Crown Court: R v TK
Multiple rape/anal rape by defendant against mother and daughter.
- 2010 Croydon Crown Court: R v RE
Multi handed gang rape upon girl who was subsequently prostituted.
- 2008 Kingston Crown Court: R v DS
Leading junior in multi handed conspiracy to commit armed robbery
- 2007 Wood Green Crown Court R v DS
Multi handed “honour” kidnap of pregnant woman.
- 2007 Croydon Crown Court and Court of Appeal: R v DL
Rape on ex partner: conviction overturned on appeal on Judge’s inadequate direction re Appellant’s non conviction bad character.
Julia is very experienced in all aspects of criminal defence in the Crown Court and Court of Appeal across the spectrum of serious crime including murder, rape, fraud, firearms and drugs. She finds it easy to build up a rapport with even the most demanding clients and will work with unfailing tenacity on their behalf in court. She also has a Court of Appeal post conviction referral practice.
Member of the South Eastern Circuit and Criminal Bar Association
- Notable cases